Previous Works 1-19-23

Hello!


Destiny Coleman?! Who is that?!


That name belongs to me! ✨


I am majoring in Visual Arts at the University of Toledo.

I want to find a good animation industry to work with.

I am still figuring out the variety of ways to pursue this major and my goals.


What’s all this stuff?


This is all my previous artwork!

I am more comfortable with digital drawings, but at Toledo, I’m really practicing traditional drawing. 

I mostly focus my art on more simplistic values. I also like to render some of my drawings.

I am learning how to connect the dots about lightning and shading. 

Perspective is my weakness so I plan to focus more on those aspects.

I take inspiration from creating my own characters and putting them in existing series or shows.

I  like to think about how they would fit into the world and how they would act. I also take inspiration from

Japanese cartoons called anime. I want to be an animator so I also want to take steps to benefit my future in that field. 

Where do you see yourself?

I honestly am at a point where I’m stuck. I want to do animation but

not just that I want to add more diversity to animated films, especially for black people.

I want little kids to look at the screen and say “Hey that looks like me!” With the industry being so

competitive and underpaid it can look a little scary and intimidating. I do hope I can see myself in a well-organized

animation industry that has many films with diverse characters that have good representation with motivational meaning

for many people who enjoy animated films.






Comments